Public Outreach Partnerships to Save Lives
Each year, organ, eye and tissue transplants save and heal thousands of lives. However, the ongoing need for donated organs and tissues is significant, and the New York State Donate Life Registry ranks among the lowest in the nation. While 85% of New Yorkers support donation, just 41.1% have registered as donors.
To bridge this gap, we must move the public’s intent into action. To accomplish this, we rely on the support of partner organizations to champion our mission and provide New Yorkers more opportunities to sign up to Donate Life. By partnering with Donate Life NYS, you directly contribute to our efforts to raise awareness of the critical need for more organ and tissue donors.
We invite you to become an official Donate Life NYS IMPACT Partner, amplifying our efforts as we implement innovative strategies aimed at increasing organ and tissue donation across NYS. With the support of Donate Life NYS, your organization will Inspire and Motivate the Public to Act using customized and tailored resources to increase organ, eye and tissue donation among your community. Together, we have the power to make a positive and lasting IMPACT, providing hope to the 9,146 New Yorkers awaiting a lifesaving organ transplant.
Why become an IMPACT Partner?
To make an IMPACT. By committing to being a Donate Life NYS IMPACT Partner, you can directly address the public health crisis of organ scarcity affecting thousands of New Yorkers and help provide more lifesaving transplants for the people in need within your community. As a trusted voice, your organization has a critical role to play, by explaining to your community, customers, members, or stakeholders why enrolling in the New York State Donate Life Registry is important. By becoming an official IMPACT Partner, you serve as an important Donate Life NYS ambassador, you have the power to Inspire and Motivate the Public to Act by becoming registered organ, eye and tissue donors.
In addition to saving and healing more lives, your organization will benefit from:
- The ability to identify as a proud Donate Life NYS IMPACT Partner. IMPACT partnerships attach the valuable Donate Life New York State brand to yours, increasing engagement with your community, and giving your organization an opportunity to provide positive and measurable IMPACT to those in need. IMPACT partners receive display materials and web graphics indicating that your organization is “Proud to Make an IMPACT with Donate Life New York State.”
- Increased employee engagement. Participation in Donate Life NYS public outreach activities can be a great way to increase motivation and satisfaction across your workforce. Our staff can work with your organization to create an IMPACT Partnership that will embrace all levels of your business and provide leadership and team-building opportunities for all employees.
- Greater visibility. In addition to a dedicated resource center on our IMPACT Partner Resource Center page, IMPACT Partners are honored in Donate Life NYS’ numerous communications reaching thousands of New Yorkers including our website and social media channels, our e-newsletter Connections, and our annual report.
- Increased exposure. IMPACT Partners are highlighted at important meetings and conferences of donation and transplant leaders including New York State Department of Health’s Transplant Council, United Network for Organ Sharing Region 9 meetings, and Donate Life America conferences, and invited to attend our annual dinner with our Board of Directors consisting of high-level decision-makers and leaders from organ procurement organizations, eye banks, and tissue banks across the state. Additionally, partners are invited to participate in collaborative forums with other IMPACT partners. In addition to developing strategies to increase organ, eye, and tissue donation, these forums provide important networking opportunities.
Resources Available to IMPACT Partners
As an official Donate Life NYS IMPACT Partner, your organization is supplied with customized toolkits and resources to conduct public outreach activities aimed at increasing enrollment in the New York State Donate Life Registry. Donate Life NYS and its members provide support to empower your organization to “Make an IMPACT” by helping save and improve the lives of thousands of New Yorkers who need an organ, eye, or tissue transplant.
Some of the many resources Donate Life NYS can customize for our IMPACT partners include:
- Ongoing support from Donate Life NYS and its member organizations. In addition to providing our partners with education and promotional materials, Donate Life NYS coordinates professionals, volunteers and speakers to support your organization’s awareness activities.
- Partnership co-branding opportunities and a dedicated resource center on our IMPACT Partner Resource Center page.
- Education and training on the topic of organ and tissue donation for your employees or members.
- Measurable online enrollment resources to promote donation on your organization’s website and track the IMPACT of your efforts.
- New York State Donate Life Registry enrollment brochures, posters and awareness-raising promotional items to decorate your offices or display at donor enrollment drives.
- Social media content to amplify the message during Donate Life events and observances.
- Donate Life flag-raising ceremony materials and instructions.
- Sample emails to employees and community organizations, newsletter content, personal stories, press releases and resolutions.
IMPACT Partners in Action
Become an IMPACT Partner
Ready to make an IMPACT? Fill out the form below or email email@example.com to be contacted by Robyn Haberman, Director of Outreach and Communications and discuss the Donate Life resources and activities that work best for your organization.