National Donate Life Month
April 1, 2021 – April 30, 2021
Each year during the month of April, Donate Life New York State celebrates National Donate Life Month, honoring the lifesaving gifts made by donors. Throughout the month, we join donation advocates across the nation, reminding the public that we all have the power to save lives by registering as organ, eye and tissue donors. We also focus efforts on raising critical funds to continue helping those in need of lifesaving transplants.
How You Can Help During Donate Life Month
- Tell friends and family they can enroll online in the New York State Donate Life Registry;
- Help us raise critical funds by making a financial contribution or holding a fundraiser benefitting Donate Life New York State;
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Share our posts through your own social media;
- Get the facts about organ and tissue donation, and share them with your family, friends, and colleagues.
- Share Stories of Hope, or tell us how your life has been touched by organ and tissue donation;
- Contact us to arrange a virtual Lunch & Learn for colleagues to educate them on donation and transplantation;
- And of course, let us know what you’re up to!
Special Dates During Donate Life Month
April 7: Living Donor Day
Join us in thanking all living donors for their lifesaving generosity!
April 10 – 16: Celebrate Blue and Green Spirit Week
Each day of the week leading up to Donate Life Blue & Green Day is dedicated to a special theme: recognizing donors, volunteers and healthcare heroes; giving hope to those waiting; and engaging the public in fun at-home activities.
- April 10: Volunteer Appreciation Day
- April 11: Create Donate Life Rocks
- April 12: Donate Life Flag Raising Day
- April 13: Write a Message of Hope
- April 14: Thank Your Healthcare Heroes
- April 15: Donate Life Chalk
- April 16: National Donate Life Blue & Green Day
April 16: Celebrate Blue and Green Day
During National Donate Life Blue & Green Day, the public is encouraged to wear blue and green and to engage in sharing the Donate Life message and promoting the importance of registering as an organ, eye and tissue donor.
April 18 – 24: National Pediatric Transplant Week
National Pediatric Transplant Week takes place the last full week of National Donate Life Month in April. It focuses on the powerful message of ending the pediatric transplant waiting list. Throughout Pediatric Transplant Week, clinical partners share patient stories (candidates and recipients); donor families whose children have saved and healed lives through organ, eye, and tissue donation are honored; and recipient families share their thanks and milestone celebrations.