As trusted institutions, hospitals and healthcare systems help create a donation-friendly New York. By embracing organ and tissue donation as a core value, your dedication to increasing enrollment in the NYS Donate Life Registry gives hope to the 8,695 New Yorkers in need of lifesaving organ and tissue transplants.
NYS Donate Life Registry Partner Program
Every day, hospitals and healthcare systems engage in numerous to increase awareness of the critical need for organ and tissue donation. To further support your donor registration efforts, we are excited to announce the New York State Donate Life Registry Partner Program.
Partners of the Registry play a significant role in helping spread the word about the impact of organ and tissue donation and the importance of enrolling in the Registry, and save lives by increasing the number of registered organ and tissue donors.
Registry partner receive custom online enrollment resources, including trackable URLs and the ability to embed the Registry’s enrollment form on your organization’s website and in patient portals to encourage donor registration throughout all your communications channels. Partners can evaluate the impact of their efforts by generating de-identified enrollment reports.
Ways Hospitals Can Increase Organ and Tissue Donation
The following are just some of the ways hospitals and healthcare systems can engage the public and help increase enrollment in the Registry:
- Become a member of Donate Life NYS
- Participate in HRSA’s Workplace Partnership for Life hospital campaign. Earn points and recognition by downloading the 2021 Hospital Campaign Scorecard here
- Celebrate Donate Life observances
- Conduct “Honor Walks” and displaying donor memorials to show appreciation and respect for organ and tissue donors
- Host donor drives and encourage donor registration on your websites and in other communications such as emails, newsletters, and social media – Receive custom online enrollment resources provided by becoming a NYS Donate Life Registry Partner
- Hold Donate Life flag raising ceremonies and press events – contact us to obtain a flag
- Educate your staff about organ and tissue donation – contact us to secure a speaker
Contact Donate Life NYS at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 326-3237 to request materials, speakers, or for more information.