National Donate Life Month
April 1 @ 12:00 AM – April 30 @ 11:59 PM
An entire month honoring those who saved lives through the gift of organ, eye, and tissue donation.
Each year during the month of April, Donate Life New York State (NYS) celebrates National Donate Life Month, raising awareness of the lifesaving impact of organ, eye, and tissue donors, and honoring those who have saved lives through the gift of donation. Throughout the month, we join donation advocates across the nation to remind the public that we all have the power to save lives by registering as organ, eye and tissue donors. We also focus efforts on raising critical funds to continue helping those in need of lifesaving transplants
2024 Donate Life Month Theme: Donors are SuperStars!
Did you know that April is one of the best times of the year to stargaze?
This April, we invite you to look up to the night sky and the billions of stars that make up the universe. Stars remind us that even in the darkest night, there is light.
Your decision to be an organ, eye and tissue donor gives hope and light to the 100,000 people on the national transplant waiting list who are waiting for a second chance at life. That’s why donors are superstars.
This National Donate Life Month, join us in helping save and heal lives: register your decision to be an organ, eye and tissue donor, learn more about living donation, and champion the Donate Life cause.
Make Donate Life Month Stellar!
- Tell friends and family they can enroll online in the New York State Donate Life Registry;
- Help us raise critical funds by making a financial contribution or holding a fundraiser benefitting Donate Life New York State;
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Share our posts through your own social media;
- Get the facts about organ and tissue donation, and share them with your family, friends, and colleagues.
- Share Stories of Hope, or tell us how your life has been touched by organ and tissue donation;
- Contact us to arrange a virtual Lunch & Learn for colleagues to educate them on donation and transplantation;
- And of course, let us know how you plan to celebrate Donate Life Month!