- This event has passed.
National Donate Life Month
An entire month honoring those who saved lives through the gift of organ, eye, and tissue donation.
Each year during the month of April, Donate Life New York State (NYS) celebrates National Donate Life Month, raising awareness of the lifesaving impact of organ, eye, and tissue donors, and honoring those who have saved lives through the gift of donation. Throughout the month, we join donation advocates across the nation to remind the public that we all have the power to save lives by registering as organ, eye and tissue donors. We also focus efforts on raising critical funds to continue helping those in need of lifesaving transplants
2022 Donate Life Month Theme: Bee A Donor!
The theme of 2022’s Donate Life Month, “Bee a Donor” was inspired by the vital role bees play in sustaining life. Bees are a small but powerful force, working together with dedication, collaboration, and a strong sense of community.
Create a Buzz during Donate Life Month
- Tell friends and family they can enroll online in the New York State Donate Life Registry;
- Help us raise critical funds by making a financial contribution or holding a fundraiser benefitting Donate Life New York State;
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Share our posts through your own social media;
- Get the facts about organ and tissue donation, and share them with your family, friends, and colleagues.
- Share Stories of Hope, or tell us how your life has been touched by organ and tissue donation;
- Contact us to arrange a virtual Lunch & Learn for colleagues to educate them on donation and transplantation;
- And of course, let us know what you’re up to!
Donate Life Month Resource Centers
Calendar of Events
Blue & Green Day Photo Contest – April 22 through April 24, 2022
- April 22, 2022 until April 24, 2022
Visit Donate Life NYS’ Facebook page and add your best blue & green photo in the comments of the pinned post. All photos must be posted by 11:59 p.m. ET. on Sunday, April 24, 2022. Please make sure to submit original photos – no collages, borders, or filters.
- Adults & Families
- Clinical Partners
- Food & Art
- Groups and Communities
- Home & Garden
- Kids & Teens
- Community Choice Award
Vote by liking your favorite photos submitted for the contest until April 28th, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET. The photo with the most likes will be the Community Choice Award winner and receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
- Top Five Photos
The five photos with the most likes will be summited to the national photo contest held by Donate Life America for a chance to win a $100 gift card!