National Donate Life Month
April 1 – April 30
An entire month honoring those who saved lives through the gift of organ, eye, and tissue donation.
Each year during the month of April, Donate Life New York State (NYS) celebrates National Donate Life Month, raising awareness of the lifesaving impact of organ, eye, and tissue donors, and honoring those who have saved lives through the gift of donation. Throughout the month, we join donation advocates across the nation to remind the public that we all have the power to save lives by registering as organ, eye and tissue donors. We also focus efforts on raising critical funds to continue helping those in need of lifesaving transplants
2023 Donate Life Month Theme: Make A Splash!
The theme of 2023’s Donate Life Month, “Make a Splash,” was inspired by the natural world of a pond coming to life in the spring. Frogs and toads are a sign of healing and renewal, and water lilies represent hope. The lily pads we see on the surface of a pond are part of a much larger plant rooted below the water. The water lily plant reminds us of the support and collaboration needed for hope to bloom.
As a friend and supporter of Donate Life NYS, you play a significant role in our interconnected effort to save lives by making the community aware of the opportunity to “hop to it” and register their decision to be an organ, eye, and tissue donor. On behalf of New York’s donation and transplant community, we thank you for the lifesaving work you do every day!
Make Donate Life Month Un-frog-ettable
- Tell friends and family they can enroll online in the New York State Donate Life Registry;
- Help us raise critical funds by making a financial contribution or holding a fundraiser benefitting Donate Life New York State;
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Share our posts through your own social media;
- Get the facts about organ and tissue donation, and share them with your family, friends, and colleagues.
- Share Stories of Hope, or tell us how your life has been touched by organ and tissue donation;
- Contact us to arrange a virtual Lunch & Learn for colleagues to educate them on donation and transplantation;
- And of course, let us know how you plan to celebrate Donate Life Month!
Donate Life Month Resource Centers
Calendar of Events
Blue & Green Day Photo Contest – April 14 through April 16, 2023
- Photo Submission Period: Friday April 14, 2023 through Sunday April 16, 2023
All photos must be posted by 11:59 p.m. ET. on Sunday, April 16, 2023. Please make sure to submit original photos – no collages, borders, or filters.
Visit Donate Life NYS’ Facebook page and add your best blue & green photo in the comments of the pinned post.
- Adults & Families
- Clinical Partners
- Food & Art
- Groups and Communities
- Home & Garden
- Kids & Teens
- Voting Period: Community Choice Award
Vote by liking your favorite photos submitted for the contest until Thursday, April 20th, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET. The photo with the most likes will be the Community Choice Award winner and receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
- Top Five Photos to National Photo Contest
The five photos with the most likes will be summited to the national photo contest held by Donate Life America for a chance to win a $100 gift card!